Wisdom Tooth Extraction West Edmonton
Understanding Wisdom Teeth and Family Dental Care
At Crown Dental Clinic, we understand the significance of addressing wisdom teeth concerns within the context of family dental care. We prioritize the well-being of every family member, from children to adults, and offer comprehensive wisdom teeth evaluations and treatment options.
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are the third set of teeth that typically develop at the back of the mouth. They often start surfacing between the ages of 17 and 25. However, due to limited space in the mouth, wisdom teeth can become impacted, meaning they get stuck below the gum line. This can lead to various issues such as pain, pressure, infection, and discomfort, potentially harming adjacent teeth and gums.
When to Remove Wisdom Teeth: Edmonton Dental Experts' Advice
If an X-ray reveals that there isn't enough room for wisdom teeth to emerge properly, your dentist may recommend their extraction. This proactive approach can help prevent pain, inflammation, infection, and damage to nearby teeth. While age can be a factor in determining the optimal timing for wisdom teeth removal, individual circumstances ultimately dictate the best course of action. Some individuals may not even be aware of their developing wisdom teeth until they experience gum pain or swelling.
Personalized Evaluation for Wisdom Teeth Extraction
It's important to note that not all wisdom teeth require extraction. The decision depends on the specific dental condition of each patient. If wisdom teeth are healthy, fully grown, properly positioned, and can be easily cleaned through regular oral hygiene practices, removal may not be necessary.
Signs of Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Edmonton Patients Shouldn't Ignore
Several symptoms can indicate impacted wisdom teeth:
- Pain and Discomfort: Severe pain in the jaw and face, especially while eating or opening the mouth wide.
- Swelling: Inflamed gums near the affected tooth.
- Restricted Jaw Movement: Difficulty in fully opening the jaw or experiencing limited mobility.
- Headaches or Earaches: Recurrent headaches or earaches, often originating from the impacted wisdom teeth.
- Temperature Sensitivity: Increased sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures.
- Oral Health Issues: Persistent bad taste in the mouth, bad breath, numbness or tingling in the jaw or surrounding areas, bleeding or tender gums, crowding or shifting of adjacent teeth, and the presence of cysts or tumors in the gums or jaw.
- Difficulty in Chewing: Problems with biting or chewing food.
Expert Tooth Extractions in Edmonton: Trust Crown Dental Clinic
Crown Dental Clinic, with its experienced team of dental professionals, is well-versed in performing tooth extractions, including the removal of impacted wisdom teeth. We understand that undergoing an extraction can be anxiety-inducing for patients. Therefore, we prioritize creating a comfortable and stress-free environment during the procedure. Our skilled team, led by Dr. Khaled Alhomsi and Dr. Aban Khatib, is dedicated to providing exceptional dental care to ensure your well-being throughout the process.
To schedule an appointment at Crown Dental Clinic, please call us at Dr. Khaled Alhomsi. Our team looks forward to assisting you and your family with expert dental care, including wisdom teeth extractions.